For 2016, The Central Pacific Hurricane Center predicts climate conditions pointing to a 40 percent chance of an above-normal hurricane season, a 40 percent chance of a normal season, which sees 4-5 hurricanes, and a 20 percent chance of a below-normal season. The… Continue Reading
5 people dead after small plane crashes near Burns Field on Kauai.
A discussion with the KNKR Core group about the history of KNKR, the needs of KNKR, and the future of KNKR.
Entrance fees at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park will increase as of June 1. The park’s per-vehicle fee will jump from $15 to $20 and the per-person fee is increasing from $8 to $10. The motorcycle fee rises from $10 to $15,… Continue Reading
Peter Sullenberger, Annalene Williams, Len Winkler, Bob Martin, Donovan Aiona, Karl Toubman, John Sullivan, Marieke McArthur,& David Ebrahimi discussed the history, goals, Community Involvement and the continued need of funds for KNKR, Kohala Radio in a one hour live round… Continue Reading
Thanks to Uncle David, of “Uncle David’s Big Show,” for receiving our first donations of the Pass the Can Fund Drive!!! First donors were actually two pairs: Mr. & Mrs. Billy and Laura Yamamoto, and Mr. Danny Garcia…”a great cause… Continue Reading