This is a Civil Defense Earthquake update message for Saturday April 13 at 6:00 in the evening.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center reports no Tsunami from the earthquake. Reports throughout the island report damage along some roadways.
Hawaii Volcanoes Observatory reports no activity or change in status of the volcanoes on Hawaii Island.
Do take the following precautions following this earthquake:
- Check utility connections such as electric, gas and water for damage and shut off main if damage is observed or suspected.
- Debris maybe in roadways drive with caution.
Authorities have responded to the following reports:
- Large boulder on Highway 19-Queen Kaahumanu at the Hapuna Junction
- Rock fall Highway 11 near mile 100 and 110.
- HELCO crews are working on restoring power to the Waikoloa area.
You will be notified of any changes that affects your safety.
This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency.