DLNR: New Guidelines
Written by Cosmic Cowgirl on September 24, 2020
DLNR issued new guidelines for State parks, beaches, trails and boating on September 23, 2020.
Everyone recreating in parks, on beaches, on trails, must continue following mandatory safe practices, such as wearing face coverings and maintaining six feet of physical distancing from those not residing in the same household. These practices are intended to prevent another surge in COVID-19 cases and having to revert to more restrictive measures or closures again.DLNR Press Release
DLNR is allowing larger groups of people in State Parks that are currently open, on State beaches, and on State trails beginning on Thursday, Sept. 24th.
- Groups on State lands are limited to five people or less and both the State and the County encourage continued use of safe practices.
- Five-person groups do not have to be related or from the same household.
- Canopy-type structures are not permitted at this time at State parks,
beaches and trails.
- On personal recreational boats, no more than five people are allowed in any personal boat on Hawaii’s waters for recreational purposes. All boats shall maintain 20-feet from other boats when in use.
- Commercial recreational boating operations must limit occupancy to no more than twenty five percent (25%) of the maximum occupant load of the vessel; implement protocols to ensure that guests maintain proper physical distancing; prohibit food or drinks from being served or consumed within the vessel cabin (if any); and obtain and keep the names, addresses, and phone numbers of guests for contact tracing purposes.
Visit DOBOR’s Covid-19 Response Page at: