This is a Civil Defense Flash Flood Watch message for Monday, November 27 at 10:30 AM.
The National Weather Service issued a Flash Flood Watch starting from this evening through tomorrow for Hawaii Island. Occasional heavy downpours and the possibility of thunderstorms are expected tonight for all areas of the Big Island. A Flash Flood Watch means conditions may develop that lead to dangerous flash flooding.
Due to the Flash Flood Watch, the following advisories are in effect:
- Be on the alert for conditions that may lead to flooding in streams, roads, and low lying areas.
- Be aware that road closures may occur without notice.
- Heavy rain and snow are expected for the summits.
- Where possible, limit travel on roadways during this period.
- Your utilities of power and phones may be interrupted. If lightning threatens your area, the safest place to be is indoors.
- Should power outages occur, be on the alert for non-operable traffic signals. Please treat flashing traffic lights as a four-way stop.
Again, the National Weather Service reports Flash Flood Watch in effect for Hawaii Island starting tonight through tomorrow. Occasional heavy rain with possibility of thunder are expected to continue through tomorrow.