Flash Flood Watch for Hawaii Island
Written by Cosmic Cowgirl on July 7, 2019
from tonight through late tomorrow
A message from COUNTY OF HAWAII
This is a Civil Defense Weather Update message for Sunday, July 7 at 4:30 in the afternoon.
The National Weather Service Flash Flood Watch remains in effect for the Island of Hawaii through Monday night.
Due to the Flash Flood Watch, the following are in effect;
- Onset of rains are forecast to begin tonight and continue through tomorrow night.
- Those in flood prone areas, take action before nightfall to prepare for the possible effects of flash flooding and heavy rains.
- Flash Flooding is LIFE THREATENING, do not cross fast flowing water.
- Remember, if lightning threatens your area, the safest place to be is indoors.
- If you experience heavy rain or rising water, head to higher ground immediately.
The National Weather Service High Surf Advisory has been extended to Tuesday morning for east facing shores of Hawaii Island from North Kohala to Kau Districts.
- Expect strong breaking waves, dangerous shore break, and rip currents.
- Beach-goers, swimmers, and surfers know your limits, exercise caution, and heed all advice given by ocean safety officials.