FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR OAHU MAUI COUNTY AND THE BIG ISLAND
…FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH
* A front will stall over the area at the same time a potent low
aloft moves overhead, bringing slow-moving heavy showers and
thunderstorms that could result in flash-flooding. While
forecast models currently indicate the greatest threat for
flooding will occur over Maui county, Oahu and the Big Island
also have the potential to receive flooding rain.
* Heavy rain is expected to be widespread in Maui county,
impacting urban and leeward areas, which are more susceptible to
flooding problems, especially in south and west Maui. These
areas include Kihei, Lahaina, Kaanapali, and low-water crossings
along Piilani Highway between Kaupo and Ulupalakua.
Instructions: A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
Big Island Interior
Big Island North and East
Big Island Summit
WINTER STORM WATCH FOR BIG ISLAND SUMMITS…
.A potent low aloft will move over the islands this weekend,
bringing the potential of winter weather to the Big Island
* LOCATION…Big Island summits and upper slopes.
* HAZARD TYPE…Heavy snow and icing.
* ACCUMULATIONS…Snowfall up to 6 inches possible.
* TIMING…Saturday through Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Poor visibility and icy…snow covered roads.
* WINDS…Southwest 20 to 40 mph.
* VISIBILITIES…Less than 1/4 mile at times.