Written by Cosmic Cowgirl on March 19, 2020
Dear friends, In light of the state of the world, when we’re spending low-key days hibernating indoors or when you’re just feeling down I think some comfort food is just the ticket. Destined to satisfy, this vegan mushroom pasta dish from Loving It Vegan is packed with mushroom flavor and creamy to the max it’s destined to satisfy.
Sending big hugs, Kathie B, Music Magazine
Rich and creamy vegan mushroom pasta. Packed with mushrooms and mushroom flavor and ready in 30 minutes or less.
It’s all about that mushroom flavor made in the style of a bechamel sauce, but with coconut milk!
Easy To Make
- Add vegan butter to a pot along with some chopped onions and fry until the onions are softened.
- Then add in sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic and oregano and fry until the mushrooms are softened.
- Then add in some all purpose flour and fry with the mushrooms for around 1 minute before adding coconut milk and vegetable stock. Stir in until combined and then keep stirring until it reaches a simmer. It will usually be the perfect thickness by the time it reaches a simmer or soon after.
- Add in some salt, black pepper and dijon mustard and stir in.
- Cook up some pasta of your choice (we used penne) and then add it in with the sauce and mix in.
Click yer way to Loving it Vegan for the full recipe and a delish video!